By - Dolon Ranjana Dey
A little town in Bankura district of West bengal. It’s known for its Hindu temples made from local terracotta, such as the pyramid-shaped Rasmancha, established around 1600. Ornate carvings adorn the walls of Jor Bangla Temple. North, Madan Mohan Temple is decorated with scenes from Hindu legends, including the "Mahabharata." In town, the Bishnupur Museum displays manuscripts and ancient sculptures.
1. Rasmancha - Built in 1600 century by the Malla Dev (Bir Hambir) .
Famed for - for Ras Festival in the name of lord Sri Krishna & Radha. all the Radha Krishna idols of Bishnupur town used to be brought here to be worshipped by the citizens.
2. Jor Bangla Temple - Built in 1655 AD by Raghunath Singh a Malla Dev
Famed for - The wall contain Ramayana Mahabharata's holyscriptures in famous terracotta style. The roof has the classic chala style of Bengal architecture.
3. Dalmadal kaman Canon - It's a royel canon built by Maharaja Bir Humber around 1600 AD. There 'Dala' means a group 'Madal' means to destroy.
You can get help from a local travel guide, if you intarested to know the History.
Famed for - Weight, Biggest size. a wapon made of 63 iron plates use to against the enemies . And also stand as a great past of Bishnupur.
4. Madan Mohan Temple - Built by Malla King Durjana Singh Dev in late 17th century .
Famed for - Sri sri Chaitanya Mahaprabhu visit this temple personaly. also famous for
pictures of Krishna leela in terracotta style.
* if booked lunch early morning before making prasad you will get it by the Temple trusty board
5. Lalji Temple - Built by Bir Singha in 1658
Famed for - Built in a square raised plinth which consists of ornamental stucco decorations on low relief carvings.
* Other land marks or temples *
6. Stone chariot ( most oldest landmark ) 7. Bishnupur fort 8. Raj bari
9. Chinnamasta Temple 10. Radha-Gobinda Temple (c.1729)
11. Panchchura Temple 12. Shyam Ray Temple (c.1643)
It is not as much as boring for girl's or women, their lovely art terecota murti or other things like pot etc available.
Most important thing is Swarnachari and Baluchari Saree. which main attructing is mithology related art in is pallu.
its famous in Nepal, Bangladesh nd Sri lanka also.